November 16, 2006

Anthony Kaun Hai? - Flashback. Interesting.*

Arshad Warsi´s character has some serious problems in this movie. He for one thinks this hairstyle is cool:










He also gets to spend some time in a Thai prison. And later on he even gets a visit from hitman Sanjay Dutt and is left hanging head first from the 33rd floor.









But first things first.
Professional hitman Master Madan gets the job to kill a guy called Anthony Gonsalves (!). Problem is, said Anthony insists on not being the one he´s looking for. So as Madan has some time to kill (bad pun intended) anyway Champ/Anthony/Arshad gets the chance to tell the tale on how he ended up in this apartment calling himself Anthony Gonzalves.
It is a story containing stolen diamonds, carrier pigeons, nakhli beards and wigs, beautiful Thai beaches, a singing cop (Gulshan Grover), some smaller and bigger cons,
an ill-advised ID fraud aur kuch acchi ladki.










I never heard of the Hollywood original "Who is Cletis Tout?" so the story was new to me and even if not the most exciting one, pretty neat. But who am I kidding, I of course watched the movie for Arshad and Sanjay. And their joint scenes in the frame-plot are especially cool.









Sanjay gets the chance to deliver some great one-liners*, be a cool cat and drive a red Ferrari convertible and Arshad is actually sweet and, well, I just counted and Anthony Kaun Hai is my tenth movie with him in it, the third as main lead and it´s the best of those three. Just be prepared for a very non-Circuit performance.

2 comments:

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

I'm totally curious about this since the ads were all over the place while I was in India. Plus your FPMEMA and my celebrity meeting deserve all the watching they can get!

babasko said...

oh yes. and it really took me some time to feel comfortable with them here. i´m still traumatised by the MPK one.