June 14, 2006

Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana *Sigh*

This is so ridiculous. I will be thirtyfive come Sunday. I´m married for seven years. Damn it, I used to work as a sound engineer for rock bands. And now I´m reduced to a giggling squeaking highschool cheerleader.
Its not my fault. Its just that I watched Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana today. Sigh. I am so like seriously thinking about putting a Siddarth poster up in our bedroom. Sigh.









Mark this one as the sweetest movie I ever saw. Oh, basically its just the same old story. Rich boy falls in love with poor girl. Families object. Boy becomes farmer to retune girls brother. Other parties plan evil deeds. Boy (literally) dives headfirst into manure. Still, gods are complaisant. Nevertheless more evil deeds by evil parties. Boy and girl dance with colorful cows in dreamsequence. See? Basically the usual. But. Sigh.









Ok true, it is definitely a chick flick. But guys, do not dispair, there is eyecandy in form of the Trisha Krishnan. And there is an ok fight. And lots of great laugh out loud comedy.
Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana was my inauguration into Telugu films. A good omen. Like a coconut with a flower inside. Sigh.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

cause you dont allow me to call you heulsuse, i've to call you after this article sabbersuse *gg
by the way, no, i dont have the money to buy this movie right now *gg

babasko said...

LOL I can live with sabbersuse *sigh*

seriously, I did not think that I would like the movie this much. especially since I´m very picky in the physical comedy field (I hate "all about mary")and really cant explain why it works here.

Anonymous said...

@babasko: I think this is called the Siddhu-effect. *gg*

@michael: you HAVE to buy this movie right now! There's also a kind of Trisha-effect. *gg*

*sigh*

babasko said...

@sunchild: yes, the siddu-effect *sigh*

btw. i meant "theres something about mary" (note to self: do not re-translate filmtitles from german without checking imdb)

Anonymous said...

Oh-oh - the siddu-effect has claimed another victim ... this film is so addictive! And sweet! And funny! And sweet! *squeak*

@michael: Come on! You know you want to watch it!!!

babasko said...

yes michael. listen to the little voice in your ear. you want it, you need it...

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

1) Will someone who knows German better than I do (clearly everyone here) tell me what "heulsuse" means?
2) Giggly crushes are one of the surprise side benefits of Bollywood - I mean, I didn't start watching Bollywood to get giggly crushes, but now that I have several, I am certainly not going to feel bad about it. No matter how many competitors I have. Enjoy, I say!

babasko said...

heulsuse is a crybaby. and i take strong exception to being labeled that way by michael. i prefer sabbersuse ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your birthday is only a few days before mine! Happy birthday!

babasko said...

thank you and happy birthday right back :-)

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

Look at all us cool Gemini Bollywood fans! I actually don't pay any attention to astrology but I'm happy to be in line with the planets of such superwow folks. Next year we should have a party.

babasko said...

yey, party! maybe totally basmatic can invite some of her KANK friends as well?
*hint*

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee... barbecue at Amitji's place next Saturday! ;)

Maja said...

Hehe, possibly the best movie review ever :D This is so going on my list right now!

And happy birthday, everyone! My birthday was in April, I feel left out now ;)

t-HYPE said...

I will absolutely have to take your word on dancing amongst psychadelic cows. Though normally fearless, the very thought fills me with trepedation...

Anonymous said...

Lol! I'm going to be 35 next week, and I've got a huge means huge crush on siddarth too. God, he's adorable! I would want to put up a poster of him in my room too, but don't think my husband would like that too much! I'm dying to see this movie too even though I don't speak telegu, because just watching the ghal ghal video on youtube made me both cry and sigh! How pathetic is that? so how did you get into indian movies?

Vandy said...

Just came across your blog during my search for more abt Siddharth. Gosh I feel the same!! I am 30 + and married for 7 years and have been behaving like a school girl ever since I saw this movie! Siddhu has that effect on you indeed!