June 05, 2006

Rangeela or would you please say whats on your mind stupid

Jackie Shroff stole my shirt. In 1991 I got this ultrahip thai shirt. I thought I lost it in Greece. Nope. Jackie stole it. He even got the impertinence to wear it in Rangeela. Oh the nerve.










For the record I did not plan to see that many Jackie Shroff movies in a row. But I like him. Or liked him until the shirt incident. Whatever. Lets concentrate on the film here.
Storyline: Munna (Aamir "Fusselbabe" Khan), blackmarket ticket seller, loves aspiring dancer/actress (Urmila "I-cant-see-what-all-you- guys-dig-about-her-dancing" Matondkar) and needs 142 min to tell her. Its a close call since action hero actor (Jackie "shirtstealingwala" Shroff) also wants her.

Aamir is great, his character is a close relative of Munnabhais sidekick Circuit. Urmila is bubbly and Jackie is cool, very cool. It is really a pity that his is only a supporting role.
I have to second the reviews from Marco or Ezri that the movie does not really click. Thats probably because the whole thing depends on the stereotypical male inability to communicate emotions. So thanks guys. Without that we never had gotten the chance see Aamir in all those superugly shirts.














9 comments:

357martini said...

Media warps good minds....careful

babasko said...

thanks for the warning

Maja said...

Haha, that's quite, um ... an interesting shirt?

I was just going to have lunch, but after clicking the Fusselbabe link, I think I'll wait a bit, I don't feel too well o_O

Beth Loves Bollywood said...

You know how I love bad Bollywood fashion. Thank you for the pictures! Rangeela has been eluding me but at least I know its shirts!

babasko said...

the really bad thing is I loved that shirt when I had it...
but I only had a very short phase during the 80ies when I wore netshirt, that must acount for something

Anonymous said...

I just watched this movie! What a coincidence!

Jackie was my favorite part of this movie. So sorry about the shirt, though.

Anonymous said...

I actually really liked Rangeela when I watched it a while back. It was one of the few films which actually made me shout at the telly ;) . I guess that's because Aamirs role kind of reminded me of a good friend who had a similar problem - and was the same sort of guy.
;)
Hmm ... maybe Aamir should be part of the Fusselbabes site ... I'll see what I can do *G*

babasko said...

@totally basmatic: how did you like the shirtstealingwala speedo part?

i think it was so ..realistic..unfilmi..kind of cool..

Anonymous said...

Haha, the Speedo thing is pretty notorious. At first I thought, "Oh, that's not bad," when Jackie and Urmila were striding to meet each other in the beach, but when they started frolicking in the surf I was like "OMG please that's not sexy." Poor Jackie and his love handles.